It’s time for the March Update! As always, these are available both on our blog and via e-mail: Sign up to get the .NET Foundation Update via e-mail
.NET Foundation Updates
The .NET Foundation sponsored .NET Meetup Pro groups are continuing to grow! Here are some quick stats:
- 78,500 Members (up over 2700 in the past 30 days)
- Over 4500 RSVPs in the past 30 days
- 112 Events in the past 30 days
- Largest Recent Meetup: Scott Hanselman's Annual Intro to the Latest in Microsoft Dev!
Please help connect us with other groups you're aware of that haven't joined yet by dropping me a note firstname.lastname@example.org or leaving a comment below.
.NET Foundation Project News
Orleans 2.0 Release
Orleans 2.0 is out! 2.0 is the first major overhaul of Orleans since the original release in 2015. The four key areas of investment were:
- .NET Core compatibility, and hence also ability to run on non-Windows platforms.
- Deep refactoring of the APIs to leverage the new capabilities of the platform (configuration, dependency injection, tracing, etc.) and to modernize and align it with the style and direction of .NET Core and ASP.NET APIs.
- Revamped extensibility model that enables adding and composing of new types of capabilities without the need to change the framework.
- Support for distributed transaction – storage-agnostic scalable ACID operations (beta).
Grab the new release here.
DNN v9.2 Release
DNN v9.2 released. This release brings "Prompt", a CLI for DNN, that originated as an OSS contribution from one of our community members, Kelly Ford. 9.2 also offers performance optimizations, new page management, stabilization, the Azure storage connector, and dependency updates.
While 9.2 has been released the DNN Technology Advisory Group continues meeting weekly planning out the course for migrating DNN to .NET Core.
See the release notes here.
.NET Core 2.1 Preview 1 - How's It Working For You?
The .NET Core team would love your feedback on how .NET Core 2.1 Preview 1 is working for you. Now is the time to get them your feedback so it can be included in the .NET Core 2.1 release.
Community Links and News
Weekly ASP.NET Community Standup
If you want to keep up to date with the latest ASP.NET news, join the Weekly ASP.NET Community Standup with Scott Hanselman, Damian Edwards and Jon Galloway. This is a live video meeting every Tuesday, with demos of new features and prototypes, live Q&A, weekly community links, and more. Get the schedule, catch recent shows, and join the live standups at https://live.asp.net
Even better, you can subscribe to the .NET Foundation's YouTube channel to make sure you catch both the ASP.NET Community Standup and .NET Design Reviews GitHub Triage every week.
Recent Standout Community Posts
Here are some recent posts we’ve featured on the ASP.NET Community Standup:
- Releases · fluentassertions/fluentassertions.aspnetcore.mvc
- GraphQL with ASP.NET Core (Part- I : Hello World)
- GraphQL with ASP.NET Core (Part- II : Middleware)
- Geospatial Search with ASP.NET Core, Aurelia, and Google Maps | The Couchbase Blog
- Script Capture Tag Helper
- ASP.NET Core Unit Testing For Security Attributes
- RendleLabs/dotnet-unpkg: Unpkg client for dotnet
- Creating an ASP.NET Core Markdown TagHelper and Parser - Rick Strahl's Web Log
- dotnet-serve/src/dotnet-serve at master · natemcmaster/dotnet-serve
- Renaming our “new” command to “up” | Azure App Service Team Blog
- Get started building .NET web apps that run in the browser with Blazor | ASP.NET Blog
- ASP.NET Core manageability and Application Insights improvements | ASP.NET Blog
- Exploring the Microsoft.AspNetCore.App shared framework in ASP.NET Core 2.1 (preview 1)
- Using Message Pack with ASP.NET Core SignalR | Software Engineering
- Adam Storr - ASP.NET Core WebHooks - Running The Github Webhook Locally
- ASP.NET Core Dependency Injection - How to Register Generic Types - Steve Gordon
- Create a build pipeline for Angular and ASP.NET Core apps with Visual Studio Team Services
- Migrating to ASP.NET Core Tag Helpers
- Upgrading a 10 year old site to ASP.NET Core's Razor Pages using the URL Rewriting Middleware - Scott Hanselman
- New Project Templates
- Troy Hunt: I've Just Launched "Pwned Passwords" V2 With Half a Billion Passwords for Download
- James Newton-King - Json.NET 11.0 Release 1 - .NET Standard 2.0, JsonConverters, JSON Path and more
- Coming in ASP.NET Core 2.1 - top-level MVC parameter validation
- Round 15 results - TechEmpower Framework Benchmarks
- aspnet/DataAccessPerformance: Benchmarks, prototypes and discussions for database access performance investigation
- Announcing Entity Framework Core 2.1 Preview 1 | .NET Blog
- Announcing .NET Core 2.1 Preview 1 | .NET Blog
- core/README.md at master · dotnet/core
- ASP.NET Core 2.1.0-preview1 now available | .NET Web Development and Tools Blog
- ASP.NET Core 2.1.0-preview1: Using ASP.NET Core Previews on Azure App Service | .NET Web Development and Tools Blog
- ASP.NET Core 2.1.0-preview1: Improvements for using HTTPS | .NET Web Development and Tools Blog
- ASP.NET Core 2.1.0-preview1: Getting started with SignalR | .NET Web Development and Tools Blog
- ASP.NET Core 2.1.0-preview1: Introducing compatibility version in MVC | .NET Web Development and Tools Blog
- ASP.NET Core 2.1.0-preview1: Improvements for building Web APIs | .NET Web Development and Tools Blog
Connect with the .NET Foundation on the interwebs!
The .NET Foundation is on Facebook now. Please like our page! We’ll post regular updates and interesting things happening with .NET to share.
The .NET Foundation is also on YouTube. Watch community standups and design reviews as well as code-focused shows and interviews across our multiple playlists.
Do you have an interesting piece of news or content related to .NET open source? Let us know so we can include it in next month’s update by posting a comment below.
Remember to Subscribe!
Please sign up to get the .NET Foundation Update via e-mail.
Don’t worry, we want to keep these short, interesting, and low-noise, so we won’t overload your e-mail.