We need you! Community involvement is what makes the .NET Foundation such a resounding success. Contribute to a project in need, attend or host a meetup, and help us shape the initiatives that are important to you by joining a committee.
Foundation GitHub Repos
Diversity and Inclusion
The .NET community is a large, global, diverse group of people from many backgrounds and cultures. Different perspectives fuels innovation. The .NET Foundation works to create a supportive and welcoming community and we expect everyone to treat everybody with respect in accordance with our Code of Conduct.
I am .NET Showcase
Our .NET community is filled with so many passionate individuals with truly amazing experiences. It spans across every nationality, gender, ethnicity and age group across the globe.
Join the .NET Foundation in spreading the love for .NET by sharing your story in the “I am .NET” showcase.
What is the showcase
The .NET Foundation is compiling a collection of short videos from our community members of them sharing stories about what .NET means to them. These videos will be added to a playlist on the .NET Foundation YouTube channel where everyone will be able to view them. Also, randomly chosen entries from this playlist will be featured on the .NET Foundation website.
Everyone is welcome to record a video and share their stories in the showcase. This will be a continuously running showcase, so feel free to submit anytime.
This is a .NET Foundation initiative, and all participants are required to adhere to the Code of Conduct.
How to participate
We can wait to see your videos and listen to the stories you have to share with us. If you’re interested in submitting a video, here is what you will need to do.
- Please sign and submit the .NET Foundation release form.
- Record a short video of yourself talking about the positive experiences you’ve had with .NET.
- Upload your final video file to a location where we can download it. For example, OneDrive, Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.
- Send us an email to IAmDotNet@dotnetfoundation.org with the subject "I am .NET Showcase". Please include instructions on where to retrieve your video.
To ensure that we have a consistent experience for the showcase, here are some additional guidelines you should follow when creating your video.
- Please start your dialog with the words “I am [your name] from [country] and I am .NET”.
- Please tell us what you like about .NET and why you are using it.
- Try to minimize background noise and movement
- Take your video in a well-lit area
- Keep the video between 35 and 45 seconds in length
- Record your with at least 720p resolution.
- The rendered video should be in MP4 format.
- The file name should include your first and last name separated by an underscore
- Your face should be centered within the video
- Video frame should be capture should include from the mid chest and above