DNN® ( formerly DotNetNuke® ) is the leading open-source web content management platform (CMS) in the Microsoft ecosystem. The product is used to build professional looking and easy-to-use commercial websites, social intranets, community portals, PaaS/SaaS applications, and partner extranets. Containing dynamic content of all types, DNN sites are easy to deploy and update. The DNN Platform has been downloaded more than 8 million times and powers more than 750,000 websites globally. A community of more than 1 million members forms a powerful support network.
Since 2003, DNN Platform has been the most trusted web application framework on the Microsoft stack for companies of all types and sizes, ranging from mom-and-pop small businesses to Fortune 100 companies.
Thousands of free and commercial extensions, apps and skins are available at the DNN Store and hundreds more open-source DNN extensions on GitHub that make extending a DNN website fast and affordable.
In addition to robust content management, the free, open-source DNN Platform includes the following built-in features:
- Single installation with multi-site capability
- File and folder management
- Static and dynamic localization - 6 languages out-of-the-box (English, Ducth, French, German, Italian, and Spanish)
- Customizable website templates and themes
- Cloud-ready with MS Azure compatibility
- 100's of REST API endpoints for development and content management
- Use modern client-side tooling including CSS 3, HTML 5, JQuery, Angular, Vue, and React
- UI with drag and drop capability, and rich-text editor for in-place UI editing
- Extensible through custom modules and many third-party modules available in the DNN store
- Robust security
- SEO- and mobile-friendly (responsive across all devices)
- Administration features like: security roles, protected content, SEO, scheduler, SSL support, taxonomy, event log, and many more.
- Project Info Site
- Project Code Repos: